Sunday, May 8, 2011

Basic Fruit Smoothie

This is a recipe for my favorite smoothie which makes 5 cups. You can half it if you need to.

Fruit Smoothie

1 cup water
1 cup of greens (spinach or kale)
2 cups of fruit (I use a frozen blend of strawberries, pineapple, melon, peaches and blueberries)
1 ripe banana

Add the ingredients in the order listed. I recommend defrosting your fruit before mixing in the blender if you do not own a high power blender (BlendTec or VitaMix). The banana is the sweetener and adds a smooth texture. It is a must. Most grocery stores sell nice fruit blends. In the summer I use all of the fresh fruits growing in my yard. Go ahead and experiment. You can make the exact same mixes you see in the Smoothie stores if you pay attention to their ingredients.

Some fruits that are great to use:
Apricots
Peaches
Strawberries
Raspberries
Blueberries
Pineapple
Kiwi
Mango
Nectarines



No comments:

Post a Comment